Family Maltreatment Program
The Family Maltreatment Program supports Air Force Readiness by improving duty performance and effectiveness of Air Force members by identifying, assessing, and treating situations involving family maltreatment.
• Individual and marital therapy
• Group intervention for offenders and victims of abuse
• Parenting classes and marriage enrichment classes
• Family Advocacy Safety Education Seminar (FASES)
Family Advocacy Strength-Based Therapy Services
FAST services are voluntary and designed to provide marital and family therapy to those who may be at risk for family maltreatment. Your provider will determine if your needs will be best met by Mental Health or FAST Services.
The New Parent Support Program
The NPSP is designed to provide support services to anyone who is pregnant or any family with children from birth to three years.
• Home, Office, or Hospital Visits by a Registered Nurse and/or Social Worker
• Telephone Consults
• Community Referrals
• Educational Materials/Information on areas such as Newborn Care, Breast/Bottle Feeding, Child Development, Discipline, and Child Proofing, as well as the “What to Expect” book series
• Breast Feeding Support
Family Advocacy Outreach Program
The Outreach Program is designed to prevent child and spouse maltreatment from occurring on Little Rock AFB. A variety of prevention services are offered throughout the year including:
• Weekly Play Groups - Held at the Walters Community Center; 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Thursdays and Fridays
• 1-2-3 Magic/Love and Logic —Positive parenting class for children ages 2-12
• Couple LINKS— Learn effective ways to communicate with your spouse or intimate partner
• DADS The Basics - A workshop for new and expecting dads taught by other dads
• Anger Management - Strategies are taught in becoming proactive when confronted with potentially provocative situations, as well as strategies to manage anger and stress effectively
• Lending Library - Provision of books, DVDs for loan. Provides resources for a range of life management issues
• Presentations and additional classes upon request