PRINT | E-MAIL
CMSgt Trevor M. Smith is the Command Chief, 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark. He is the principal advisor to the Wing Commander on career progression, utilization, training, performance, readiness capabilities and the health and welfare of the enlisted force. In this capacity, Chief Smith leads and mentors over 200 Airmen, 500 contractors and 1,800 aircrew students. The wing's mission is to train C-130 aircrew members from across the Department of Defense, the Coast Guard, and 47 partner nations at the nation's only C-130 tactical airlift "Center of Excellence."
Chief Smith was born at Eglin AFB, Fla, and grew up in New Mexico. He entered the Air Force in January 1993 and graduated Basic Loadmaster technical training in April. His background includes duties as a C-130E, H and J, MC-130J and C-17A Instructor and Evaluator Loadmaster. Additionally, he has served in numerous squadron positions up to and including as a Squadron Superintendent. Chief Smith has also deployed 10 times supporting contingency, humanitarian, combat and special operation missions on all seven continents. Prior to his current position, Chief Smith was the Group Superintendent, 317th Operations Group, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas.
Chief Smith is a Chief Enlisted Aircrew Member with more than 7,900 flight hours including more than 1,000 combat hours.
1999 Airman Leadership School, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
2000 Advanced Airlift Tactical Training Center, Rosecrans Air National Guard Base, Mo
2002 Associates of Applied Science, Aviation Operations, Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2005 Associates of Applied Science, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, CCAF
2006 Bachelor of Science, Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, Texas
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College
2013 Professional Manager Certification, Air University
2014 Air Mobility Command’s CMSgt Leadership Course, Scott AFB, Ill.
2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. September 1993 – August 1994, C-130E Adverse Weather Aerial Delivery System (AWADS) Loadmaster, 37 Airlift Squadron (AS), Rhein Main Air Base (AB), Germany
2. August 1994 – August 1996, C-130E AWADS Loadmaster, 37 AS, Ramstein AB, Germany
3. August 1996 – April 2000, C-130H Instructor Loadmaster, 40 AS, Dyess Air Force Base (AFB), Texas (Deployed: October 1996 – January 1997, Loadmaster, Delta Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany)
4. April 2000 – May 2003, C-17A Special Operations Low-Level II (SOLL II) Evaluator Loadmaster, 17 AS, Charleston AFB, S.C. (Deployed: October 2001 – December 2001, Ramstein AB, Germany; December 2001 – February 2002, Sheik Isa AB, Bahrain; September 2002 – December 2002, Rhein Main AB, Germany; March 2003 – May
2003, Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia)
5. May 2003 – Mar 2008, C-17A Formal Training Unit (FTU) Evaluator Loadmaster, 58 AS, Altus AFB, Okla. (Deployed: September 2004 – November 2004; Ramp Coordinator, 817 Expeditionary Airlift Squadron (EAS), Rhein Main AB, Germany)
6. March 2008 – March 2011, Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) C-17A EL/Training Superintendent, RAAF Base Amberley, Australia (Deployed: June 2010 – July 2010, Al Minhad AB, United Arab Emirates)
7. March 2011 – June 2012, Squadron Superintendent, 8 AS, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), Wash. (Deployed: August 2011 – November 2011, Squadron Superintendent, 817 EAS, Manas AB, Krygyzstan)
8. June 2012 – July 2013, Squadron Superintendent, 62 Operations Support Squadron (OSS), JBLM, Wash. (Deployed: April 2013 – July 2013, Group Superintendent, 385 Air Expeditionary Group, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
9. July 2013 – July 2014, Squadron Superintendent, 4 AS, JBLM, Wash.
10. July 2014 – July 2015, Squadron Superintendent, 58 OSS, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
11. July 2015 – July 2017, Squadron Superintendent, 40 AS, Dyess AFB, Texas (Deployed: January 2016 – July 2016, Group Superintendent, 386 Expeditionary Operations Group, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait)
12. July 2017 – August 2018, Group Superintendent, 317 Operations Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
13. August 2018 – Present, Command Chief, 314 Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters Air Medal with fourteen oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak
leaf cluster Air Force Combat Action Medal
Australia Active Service Medal
1999 Airman Leadership School Distinguished Graduate & Commandant’s Award
2001 21 Air Force Aircrew Excellence Award
2003 AETC SSgt Henry E. “Red” Erwin NCO Outstanding Enlisted Aircrew Member of the Year
2003 NCO Academy Distinguished Graduate & Commandant’s Award
2004 & 2005 58 AS NCO of the Year
2006 AETC Master Instructor Award
2007 STEP Promoted to Master Sergeant
2007 97 Air Mobility Wing Instructor Loadmaster of the Year
2010 Asia-Pacific Military Personnel Exchange Program SNCO of the Year
2012 Air Force Team of the Year
2013 62 Airlift Wing SNCO Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant Feb 1, 2000
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2003
Master Sergeant Dec 18, 2007
Senior Master Sergeant Dec 1, 2011
Chief Master Sergeant Nov 1, 2014
(Current as of June 2018)