PRINT | E-MAIL
Colonel Stephen L. Hodge is the Commander, 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas. He leads a team of approximately 200 military and civilian professionals who form the C-130 The wing's mission is to train C-130 aircrew members from across the Department of Defense and 47 partner nations, and serve as the nation's C-130 "Center of Excellence" for tactical airlift.
He was commissioned after graduating from the USAF Academy in 1993. He is a distinguished graduate of the USAF Weapons School, a graduate of Air Mobility Command's Advanced Study of Air Mobility and a graduate of the United States Army War College. He has served as squadron weapons officer, flight commander, operations support squadron weapons and tactics flight commander, squadron director of operations, squadron commander and deputy operations group commander. Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Hodge was the 386th Air Expeditionary Wing Commander in Southwest Asia.
Colonel Hodge is a command pilot with 3,500 hours of flight time, primarily in the C-130. He led missions during Operations Joint Endeavor, Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
1993 Bachelor of Science degree in Humanities, USAF Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2000 USAF Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2000 Squadron Officer School (Residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Advanced Study of Air Mobility (Residence), Fort Dix, N.J.
2004 Masters Degree in Transportation Management and Air Mobility, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2009 Air War College (Correspondence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 US Army War College (Residence), Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
1. June 1993 - January 1995, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. September 1995 - August 1999, Instructor Pilot, Tactics Flight Commander, 40 Airlift Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
3. August 1999 - February 2002, Evaluator Pilot, Chief, Combat Operations, 50 AS, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. February 2002 - May 2003, Evaluator Pilot, Weapons and Tactics Flight Commander, 463rd Operations Support
Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
5. May 2003 - August 2004, student, Advanced Study of Air Mobility, Ft. Dix, N.J.
6. August 2004 - August 2007, Strategic Plans Officer (J-3), U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
7. August 2007 - June 2008, Assistant Director of Operations then Director of Operations, 29th Weapons Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
8. June 2008 - June 2011, Commander, 29th WPS, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
9. July 2011 - September 2013, Deputy Commander, 3rd OG, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Ala.
10. October 2012 - April 2013, Deputy Commander, 379th EOG, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
11. September 2013 - July 2014, Inspector General, 3rd Wing, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Ala.
12. July 2014 - July 2015: student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
13. August 2015 - June 2017: Commander, 317th Airlift Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
14. July 2017 - July 2018: Commander, 386th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
15. July 2018 - Present: Commander, 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
Rating: Command Pilot Flight Hours: 3,500+ Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, C-130E/H/H2/H3/J
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Aerial Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1993
First Lieutenant June 1995
Captain June 1997
Major September 2003
Lieutenant Colonel September 2008
Colonel January 2015
(Current as of July 2018)