Library Fact Sheets
19TH AIRLIFT WING|
Printable Fact Sheet
19th AIRLIFT WING
The 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark., is part of Air Mobility Command and provides the Department of Defense the largest C-130 fleet in the world. As part of AMC's Global Reach capability, the wing's responsibilities range from supplying humanitarian airlift relief to victims of disasters, to airdropping supplies and troops into the heart of contingency operations in hostile areas.
The 19th Airlift Wing's Mission is mission ready Airmen delivering premiere C-130 airlift and installation excellence.
GLOBAL REACH CAPABILITIES
The C-130 Hercules primarily performs tactical airlift missions. The aircraft is capable of operating from rough, dirt strips and fulfills a wide range of operational missions in peace and war situations. The 19th AW is home to more than 50 C-130 H and J models and is the largest supplier of C-130s to the fight.
FACILITIES AND PERSONNEL
Little Rock AFB opened in October 1955. The base encompasses 6,100 acres and includes one runway and one assault landing strip. The base has more than 8,000 active-duty military and civilian members, approximately 15,000 family members live and work on and around the base and an estimated 52,000 retirees in the local area.
The base's total impact on the regional economy in fiscal year 2012 totaled $895.6 million. Additionally the base is the 6th largest employer in the state of Arkansas and created 3,717 indirect jobs in FY12.
The 19th Airlift Wing is organized into a quad-group structure:
- 19th Operations Group plans, trains, and executes air and space power for operational levels of war.
- 19th Maintenance Group performs all maintenance on assigned C-130 aircraft.
- 19th Mission Support Group encompasses support and logistic functions, which include contracting, civil engineer, communications, security forces, force support and logistic readiness squadrons.
- 19th Medical Group provides responsive care and services to the base population and ensures a fit and medically ready active duty force.
- 19th Airlift Wing staff includes a variety of agencies that directly support the wing commander, group commanders and the base population.
The three major partner units are the 314th Airlift Wing, Air Education and Training Command, 22nd Air Force Detachment 1 and the 189th Airlift Wing of the Arkansas Air National Guard.
19th Airlift Wing Public Affairs
1255 Vandenburg Blvd.
Little Rock AFB, AR 72099
Phone: (501) 987-3601
Fax: (501) 987-3753