|CHIEF MASTER SGT. MARGARITA OVERTON|
Chief Master Sergeant Margarita Overton is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark. The 19th Airlift Wing is responsible for providing worldwide deployable C-130 aircraft, aircrews, support personnel, and equipment for Air Mobility Command and Air Expeditionary Force taskings while providing for the health and welfare of more than 12,000 personnel and families at Little Rock AFB. As the command chief for the 19th Airlift Wing, Chief Overton is responsible for the health and welfare, professional development, training, combat readiness and good order and discipline of the installation's enlisted personnel. She ensures the commander's policies are known, understood and enforced by the enlisted force.
Chief Master Sergeant Overton grew up in Athens, Greece, and entered the Air Force in January 1987. She completed her technical training as a ground radio specialist at Keesler Air Force Base, Miss. Her assignments include bases in Texas, Virginia, California, Georgia and Guam. Chief Master Sergeant Overton also served overseas at Lajes Field, Azores and has deployed to HQ US European Command (EUCOM), Qatar and Iraq in support of the Global War on Terrorism.
1989 Non-commissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Lajes Field, Azores
1991 Associate of Science degree in Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1996 Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, St. Leo College, Fla.
1996 Academic Instructor School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Associate in Instructor in Technology degree, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2003 Associate in Human Resource Management degree, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Senior Non-commissioned Officer Academy, Gunter-Annex Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Chief Leadership Course, Gunter-Annex Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Masters of Management/Human Resource Management, University of Phoenix, Ariz.
2009 AFSO-21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Tenn.
2010 The Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2011 Leadership Development Program, The Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, The Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
1. January 1987 - February 1987, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. February 1987 - September 1987, student, Ground Radio Specialist Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. September 1987 - May 1989, Installation Specialist, 838th Engineering and Installation Squadron, Kelly AFB, Texas
4. June 1989 - September 1991, Scope Maintenance Specialist, 1605th Communications Squadron, Lajes Field, Azores
5. October 1991 - April 1993, Ground Radio Communications Specialist, 74th Air Control Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
6. May 1993 - December 1995, Assistant NCO in charge, Job Control, 74th Air Control Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
7. January 1996 - March 2001, Airman Leadership School Instructor, Langley AFB, Va.
8. April 2001 - May 2001, student, Manpower Apprentice Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
9. June 2001 - July 2004, Manpower Management Technician, Beale AFB, Calif.
10. June 2004 - September 2004, Manpower Contingency Analyst, European Command Plans and Operations Center, Headquarters United States European Command
11. August 2004 - June 2005, Superintendent, Manpower and Organization Flight, Beale AFB, Calif.
12. July 2005 - June 2008, Mission Program Manager, Manpower and Organization Division, Directorate of Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley (September 2006 - January 2007, Superintendent, United States Central Command Air Forces, Manpower and Personnel Directorate, Combined Air Operations Center, Southwest Asia)
13. June 2008 - February 2010, Superintendent, 78th Force Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga. (September 2009 - February 2010, Team Chief, Personnel Support for Contingency Operations, 332d Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Southwest Asia)
14. March 2010 - November 2010, Superintendent, 78th Mission Support Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. November 2010 - May 2012. Command Chief Master Sergeant, 36th Wing, Andersen AFB, Guam
16. May 2012 - present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal, four bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal, three bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal, one bronze oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal, one bronze star
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
1992 Airman Leadership School Distinguished Graduate
1999 1st Fighter Wing Airman Leadership School Instructor of the Year
2000 1st Fighter Wing Airman Leadership School Instructor of the Year
2001 Manpower Apprentice Course, Distinguished Graduate
2002 NCO Academy Distinguished Graduate
2003 9th RW Wing Staff Agency Senior NCO of the year
2003 Air Combat Command Installation-level SNCO of the year
2004 9th Mission Support Squadron SNCO of the year
2004 Air Combat Command Installation-level SNCO of the year
2006 Air Force Senior Non-Commissioned Academy Distinguished Graduate
2006 USCENTAF AEF 3/4 Most Valuable Player Combined Air Operations Center
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant 1 Nov 1995
Technical Sergeant 1 Jul 2000
Master Sergeant 1 Jul 2003
Senior Master Sergeant 1 Mar 2006
Chief Master Sergeant 1 Dec 2008
(Current as of July 2012)