|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT JAMES A. MORRIS|
Chief Master Sgt. James A. Morris is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark. The 19th Airlift Wing is responsible for providing worldwide deployable C-130 aircraft, aircrews, support personnel, and equipment for Air Mobility Command and Air Expeditionary Force taskings while providing for the health and welfare of more than 12,000 personnel and families at Little Rock AFB. As the command chief for the 19th Airlift Wing, Chief Morris is responsible for the health and welfare, professional development, training, combat readiness and good order and discipline of the installation's enlisted personnel. He ensures the commander's policies are known, understood and enforced by the enlisted force.
Chief Morris entered the Air Force in May 1986. His background is in the communications arena where he has served in a variety of positions at many levels of command from squadron through major air command. His assignments have included bases in Alaska, Germany, Illinois, Belgium and North Carolina.
1988 Associate in Applied Science, Management Information Systems, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1988 Alaskan Air Command NCO Preparatory Course, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
1991 Military Airlift Command NCO Leadership School, Rhein-Main Air Base, Germany
1995 USAF NCO Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2004 USAF Senior NCO Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2007 Basic Airborne Course, Fort Benning, Ga.
2008 Bachelor of Science, Information Technology, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Ariz.
2008 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Penn.
1. May 1986 - June 1986, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. June 1986 - September 1986, Student, Communications-Computer Operations Technical School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. September 1986 - September 1989, Computer Operator, 616th Aerial Port Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
4. September 1989 - September 1991, Base Communications Center Shift Supervisor, 2184th Communications Squadron, Hahn AB, Germany
5. September 1991 - September 1993, Base Communications Center Shift Supervisor, 86th Communications Group, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. September 1993 - June 1997, NCO in charge, Network Management, Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. June 1997 - August 2000, NCO in charge, Network Control Center/Base COMSEC Manager, 52nd Munitions Support Squadron, Kleine Brogel AB, Belgium
8. August 2000 - August 2003, Superintendent, Operations Plans Division, Directorate of Operations, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. August 2003 - June 2007, Superintendent, Information Systems Flight, 43rd Communications Squadron, Pope AFB, North Carolina (September 2004 - January 2005, Superintendent, Information Systems Flight, 506th Expeditionary Communications Squadron, Kirkuk AB, Iraq)
10. June 2007 - May 2009, Superintendent, G Troop, Joint Communications Unit, Fort Bragg, North Carolina (December 2007 - March 2008, Joint Special Operations Task Force J6 Sergeant Major, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
11. May 2009 - July 2010, Superintendent, 43rd Mission Support Group, Pope AFB, North Carolina
12. July 2010 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
1991 Distinguished Graduate, NCO Leadership School
1999 52nd Fighter Wing Information Assurance Professional of the Year
1999 52nd Fighter Wing Information Assurance Geographically Separated Unit of the Year
2004 Distinguished Graduate, USAF SNCO Academy
2005 43rd Airlift Wing Communications and Information 3C Senior NCO of the Year
2006 Air Mobility Command Small Communications Squadron of the Year
2007 Air Mobility Command Inspector General Outstanding Team Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class May 15, 1986
Senior Airman Sept. 15, 1988
Sergeant Sept. 15, 1989
Staff Sergeant July 1, 1990
Technical Sergeant May 1, 1996
Master Sergeant June 1, 2000
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2004
Chief Master Sergeant June 1, 2008
Current as of July 2010