Colonel Christopher L. Bennett is the Vice Commander, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas. The 19th Airlift Wing is responsible for providing worldwide deployable C-130 aircraft, aircrews, support personnel and equipment for Air Mobility Command and Air Expeditionary Force taskings while providing for the health and welfare of more than 12,000 personnel and families at Little Rock AFB. The 19th Airlift Wing, in concert with the 314th Airlift Wing, 189th Airlift Wing, 913th Airlift Group and 29th Weapons Squadron, is the nation's "Center of Excellence" for C-130 tactical airlift.
Colonel Bennett is a 1993 graduate from the United States Air Force Academy. During his career, he has had several operational flying assignments in mobility aircraft, as well as serving in staff assignments at Air Mobility Command, United States European Command and the Air Staff. He served as the Commander of the 100th Operations Support Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Chief of the Air Force Decorations Board, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
Colonel Bennett is a Command Pilot with more than 3,100 hours of flight time, primarily in the KC-135 R/T and the C-130 E/H.
1993 Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematical Science, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1999 Squadron Officer School, in correspondence and residence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2002 Master of Arts Degree in Business Administration, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, in correspondence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Master of Arts in Joint Campaign Planning & Strategy, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2009 Air War College, in correspondence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. November 1993 - November 1994,student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla
2. January 1995 - June 1995, student, KC-135 Combat Crew Training School, Altus Air Force Base, Okla.
3. June 1995 - November 1997, Pilot, 905th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D.
4. December 1997 - February 1999, Aircraft Commander, Squadron Executive Officer, 905th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D.
5. March 1999 - December 1999, Instructor Pilot, Chief of Mobility, 905th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D.
6. January 2000 - May 2000, Instructor Pilot, Squadron Training Officer, 905th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D.
7. June 2000 - May 2001, MAJCOM Regional Operations Director, Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
8. June 2001 - October 2002, MAJCOM Operational Programmer, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
9. November 2002 - April 2003, Student, C-130E Formal Training Unit, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
10. May 2003 - November 2003, Chief of Plans, C-130H Aircraft Commander, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
11. December 2003 - July 2004, Assistant Director of Operations, C-130H Aircraft Commander 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
12. August 2004 - August 2005, Executive Officer, C-130H Aircraft Commander, 3rd Operations Group, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
13. August 2005 - May 2006, Director of Staff, C-130H Instructor Pilot, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
14. June 2006 - June 2007, Student, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Norfolk, Va.
15. July 2007 - April 2009, Contingency Plans Officer, Headquarters U.S. European Command, Vaihingen, Germany
16. April 2009 - July 2010, Executive Officer, Directorate of Strategy, Policy, & Assessments, Headquarters U.S. European Command, Vaihingen, Germany
17. July 2010 - August 2011, Chief of Safety, 100th Air Refueling Wing, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
18. August 2011 - July 2013, Commander, 100th Operations Support Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
19. July 2013 - June 2014, Chief, Airlift/Air Refueling, Operational Support Aircraft Requirements, Air Force Reserve Programs & Requirements, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
20. July 2014 - June 2015, Chief, Air Force Decorations Board, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
21. July 2015 - Present, Vice Commander, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,100
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, KC-135R/T, C-130E/H, C-130J
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1993
First Lieutenant June 2, 1995
Captain June 2, 1997
Major August 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel August 1, 2008
Colonel December 1, 2014
(Current as of July 2015)